The Convent Of Hell Review By Undercity 4 (Updated)

 Updated 1/22/2024 

Original Blog post 8/25/2020

I don't know why, but when I started talking about this comic in my other blog about my prison series, I decided to remove it and write a full review of it instead. That way, I wouldn't have to derail off-topic when that blog is supposed to be about my own book, not someone else's. Anyway Convent Of Hell is ancient, and the content itself is very rare. But if you love great story-telling with extremely dark sex, Convent Of Hell is perfect for you. Even after all these years, the book still holds up quite well, and you will find yourself immersed deeply into the plot. Stories like this are extremely hard to come by... Still, if you are curious, give it a shot. It's certainly worthy of reading, I have read this book multiple times and still get goosebumps even though I know the full story already.

Now, you might be wondering is it a collector's item? I don't think so, but it's necessary if you love collecting books. Anyway, for this blog, I will only use a few images from the comic for the sole purposes of writing this review. Convent Of Hell was released in 1984 as you can see the art style is on the vintage classic side. But even though the art is quite old it still holds up today.
The artist behind the story of this book wrote a lot of stories, but unfortunately, the only one worth reading is this particular tale. I found the other stories he did to be just regular, ordinary sex stories. Not as good as this one, because it's rare and different. 

This number had more to it, and was a theme I've had a long-term interest in before I even knew what Nun exploitation movies were… Convent Of Hell is a rather eccentric, Dark Erotic tale; the artwork was created by Ignacio Noe, and the story was written by Ricardo Barreiro. So yes, it's a two-person piece of work, and a very good one, I might add. This book has been rated all stars pretty much everywhere, and I do agree with the ratings. This is one of the best Dark Erotic comics I have read to date, and even in 2024, I still can't find a single graphic novel or comic that's equally good as this from the same genre.

 I have a thing for Dark and Thriller Erotic like stories and art but I rarely see anyone doing anything of the sort. The same holds true for Horror material at least anything with an actual plot tied to it. Anyway the story of Convent Of Hell takes place in the city of Leon in Spain. It is about a Convent of Nuns called the Cloistered Barefoot Sisters..Strange name for a group of Nuns. 

When I came upon this book, I was hesitant about reading it at first, because the demon on the cover was Baphomet, and it made me rather uncomfortable. I was not a mentally trained veteran at the time, trained to deal with this type of content. The only experience I had with demons was from reading the Bible, which never had any pictures at all. 

But the Book Of Revelation still scared the hell out of me when I was 11 years old. I felt that if I had opened it up and read Convent of Hell that I was going to piss off God. Especially if I ended up liking the material...Which I did, what can I say? These two artists know their stuff. If there is anything I know is that if something offers me worthy entertainment I am going to find the work compelling and highly stimulating to read. I'm going to indulge in the content and never look back.

It's challenging because I had to step outside my comfort zone to accept it. Not everyone can do that, let alone be willing to. Like I said before, all it takes is for someone to put a Nun, Prison Babe, lady cop, or Nurse on the cover of something, and I will be very tempted to read or watch it. Just don't forget to include the sex, and dick girls if you really want me to look inside! Regardless of my concerns and fears. I was still convinced to check this story out, because I was so into this type of horror-like story that involved sexual content that I had to check inside just to find out if the art and written contents were worth the "risk." I was amazed at what I came across. 

A story of over 63 pages filled with interesting drawings of Nuns exploring their sexual urges, lots of action, decent pacing, and mystery that kept me wanting a sequel the moment I reached the end of it. I was also willing to pay for a sequel if I could have gotten in touch with the artist and author. Sadly, getting someone to make a full-length comic like this would be very, VERY costly, especially if they draw it all by hand. I am one of those people with that attitude, that if it doesn't exist, or you want more of it to exist, pay to get it developed, or do something similar yourself if you can. Just don't steal someone else's idea and pretend you thought of it yourself originally. But I'm Undercity 4, I don't plagiarize the work of others.

Anyway, this story has everything in it, you will come to expect from such a dark erotic tale about debauchery, corruption, possession, evil, and yes, lots of lesbianism going on within a society I always thought was supposed to be good. Between Women in prison and nuns, I have a hard time figuring out which story concept I love the most.
The evil within this comic has carnage and destruction all over it. Right when you open the book, page one already shows the Nuns engaged in cruelty as they prepare to torture a helpless woman with a massive dildo by dipping it into axle grease. Nuns unleash the power of fury on this woman. There was blood on that dildo... And I didn't like it… The one thing I didn't like was the blood on the dildo. There was also a part where one of the Nuns bit off this angel's dick. I didn't include that scene in this blog because he sort of looks like a "shota" because of his small little boy features.

So it's got its small, little "Gore" moments, considering that the detail isn't all that detailed... He had a tiny sized dick, so you somewhat barely notice anything other than the small amount of blood on the nun's mouth. 

Right after, the Nuns get done tormenting the woman in white, who is nameless. The story gets better from there. They even have Mother Theresa in the story; a lot of people said she was a horrible person in real life… I don't know much about the woman, so I won't get into her history.

Other than the bloody dildo and the dick biting off part I mentioned. There isn't much else in this story that deals with violence other than a violent tentacle attack that leads to lots of blood and gore, a battle scene that's near the end involving Holy Knights coming to the Convent to do Gods Work.

There are death moments in the story; the artwork itself was fairly decent; none of the women looked appealing; they could have been drawn a little better. The art style looks dated to some extent, but it gives off an authentic feel anyway.

The pacing of the story isn't that slow; it builds up quickly when one of the nameless nuns goes into the storage room to fetch some more oil, and then tragedy strikes! After that, they discover what appears to be a hidden door behind one of the shelves that fell over, and this is where the story starts to get interesting! The author and the artist wasted no time with this; of course, Baphomet appears earlier on before they even get the door open.

When he appeared, I had always thought the goat demon was supposed to have a female breast or upperbody like the one I kept running into all over the internet.  But the version I always see a lot more often than the intersex version is 100% male. I believe that's one of the reasons why I actually read this story, because I thought Baphomet was going to be a futa goat demon instead. Because one article I read claimed him to be female with male parts or something…

I wish I had the article where I found it at. Still, even though he wasn't a futa or transsexual, as they claimed him to be in other sources, that didn't stop me from continuing further to find out what was going to happen with these ignorant as hell nuns who were purposely taking the risk. Well, actually, it was the work of only ONE stupid nun who took the risk and doomed her entire Convent to hell by unleashing this demon after she had her first fuck with it.

Oh, sure, she resists in the beginning, then starts to enjoy his big, satanic dick up the ass. Before you know it, she's got powers like Reika Kitami out of Bible Black and uses those powers to destroy anyone that tries to resist her Dark Lord or her temptations... It's got its very own Bible-black feel to it, really.
She starts having all these crazy nightmares and wet dreams about sleeping with the beast... The following day, another tragedy happens to yet another nun, this time involving some tentacle creature that springs right out of the door and violates her while the evil sister masturbates to her very own demise as the tentacles violently ravage her to death.... Yes, it is quite dark and sinister.

I was trying to figure out how none of the other nuns saw the nameless nun playing with herself right there in the open. She was exposed, and they didn't even notice. The tentacle attack scene is probably the most gory in the entire story; the nuns viciously attack it, leaving a pool of blood in their path after severing some of the tentacle's dicks right off and slamming it hard in the door.

Once you get through all of that madness, the story continues to get better and better. One of my biggest gripes, however, is that the author didn't really give all the nuns names to make them easier to identify, so it was complicated to figure out who was who. He should have done that for all the nuns, including the ones that had small roles. Or, at the very least, the nuns that were going to die, and the ones that spoke the most.

Now the action segments were perfect, just not the damn ending or the final battle, and I'll talk about it in a little while. At least in this comic, some of the fights with the evil one were okay, excluding the ending portion. I mean, Baphomet still destroys the nuns that relied on the old method of challenging evil with the cross and chanting Holy prayers at him. Which fail to do a damn thing like it usually does in these sorts of stories. 

Sorry, this isn't Castlevania and the cross is worthless against the demonic force. Mother Theresa eventually gets attacked and overpowered as the demon, who has used a spell against her, takes over her mind and body. Someone did complain that there was very little writing in the dialog. I think the writing was a little too short. There was not much for them to say between certain segments... Not like they had to rant or anything, but just having a lot more to say could have helped a little with more plot development.

Personally, I feel that this story should have either been a lot longer or had a Saga like the Hilda series did, which also had demons and lots of similar themes to this story. But at least that one did have some futa in it. The artwork looks dated, but it still holds up pretty well, and as I have said previously before, it is a great comic with plenty of room for sequels and expansions, but I don't think the artist is ever going to do it.

This comic is ancient and was published in the 1980s. Go figure out why the drawing and art style looks the way they do. Yes, this book is that old. I would be lying, however, if I didn't say that it had no influence on my Shadow Hill series, or the Book Of Eve story I was working on a few years ago before renaming the project Shadow Hill. Which also deals with nuns and dark forces. I have always liked erotic stories about nuns, but no one has really done anything interesting with them besides Ignacio. This is always the case with these sort of things, it seems. And battles between good and evil are always interesting when done correctly. Other than the minor battle moments, and the corruption of the nuns, they get into some crazy adventures later on in the story. 

Once, Bappy manages to take over the entire convent. Anyone he gets near falls victim to his power. Next thing you know, he's got everyone engaged in a wild orgy and there is little to no shame in their explicit acts of defiance. The head nun, who I will call Nameless Leader nun after Theresa dies, released the demon in the first place because I don't think they ever mentioned her damn name; if they did, I missed it, and it was only mentioned maybe once... Anyway, she starts using the power of seduction on a group of holy men that show up to investigate the convent. It turns out these "Holy men" are no match for the nun's powers either; she fucks them, and next thing you know... She claims more souls in order to please the Dark One.

Humans get sacrificed here and there, so eventually you'll learn to get used to all the violence, torture, and craziness. I don't think the artist was taking things all that far; it is a Dark Erotic tale after all, so the elements worked and were necessary for what he was trying to achieve. Seldom do you find artists who can blend good story telling, great sex action, and a lot of other details well together. Even I have to challenge my comfort zone every once in a while. So I can't complain. I do torture scenes often myself when I believe it will add something to the story. 

So what's the Verdict? It's got great writing and a story that makes sense. The only downside is that it just didn't seem long enough, even though 60+ pages is lengthy for some, and I believe it got to the conclusion due to appropriate pacing.
Just that when the demon was sealed off after the Holy Raid and all the nuns got purged, or, I should say, baptized by holy flames. The author honestly made Baphomet way too easy for these Holy guys to kill and seal off behind the wall. There wasn't an epic battle between them and the demon; they just showed up and ended him by spraying his ass with holy water.

A lot of stories with demons tend to do that. I'm trying to figure out why have demons fight the holy ones if the demons are no challenge for them? The Bible was written the same way. No Demon is a match for any of the overpowered Angels like Michael; Michael might as well be GOD himself; he's so overpowered that even Satan couldn't beat him, and there is not one single Demon that can defeat any of the Holy characters...NOT ONE.

Which makes the battles about good and evil in the Bible rather boring. I like to see some actual conflict going on in these types of stories between good and evil to make the battles more interesting. It doesn't have to be like Dragon Ball Z, where it takes 100+ Episodes for a goddamn fight to come to an end. I honestly never understood that long-winded show and its fights taking a decade to be over; they were so damn ridiculous and stupid.

But in this story even the corrupted nuns were powerless. The ending gave away no cliffhangers either... You knew that right after the demon was sealed off behind the door, it was over. I did not sense any plot holes in the story. Out of all the stories, the author put together, I wish he had of capitalized on this one the most... Multiple sequels would have made it one of the best Dark Erotic comic series I've read, even though I can't fap to this even if I tried.
While demonic imagery and demons in general still makes me feel uncomfortable, due to years of being programmed by my religious mother. I have come to the conclusion that anything with a captivating story in it is a win if I can find any pleasure at all out of it… I'm no devil worshiper, but I am an art and storyteller lover. But if I may project, I'm not a firm believer in Christ anymore either....And I'll talk about it someday.

                                                            FINAL VERDICT

Pacing: 10/10
The story has fairly decent pacing; from the very beginning, you already see the Nuns engaged in cruelty and bondage. Which means some of them were never good in the first place.

Sexual Content: 10/10
The Sexual content is very graphic and heavy with lots of violence. There is sex with demons, tentacle creatures, and all sorts of girl on-girl action too. You can't go wrong there. Of course I prefer the lesbian action over the sex with the demon. That tentacle part was brutally arousing, but I'm not into tentacles very much. Still they did something because my dick still stood erect when the nun found herself violated by them.

Characters: 6/10
It's hard to say where I stand here; most of them had no names. The demon was well-developed. I just wish it was the tran-sex version of Baphomet instead, with the tits and female face but without the goat chin hair. I never see anyone ever use that one and its the best version. I always feel strange when I see any imagery of that demon. Even when it's just stationary doing nothing.

Artistic Quality: 7/10
The artwork itself is good in some parts, but a little rough in other areas. The Nuns are drawn fairly well, but their faces are bland. The demon is probably about the only character that has far more detail than everyone else.

Story Concept: 9/10
I like the story direction; I believe the nuns, or at least some of them, were exposed as being evil earlier on in the story. But when some of the nuns caught the one that freed Baphomet fornicating with him. They were shocked and tried to fight the evil. So not all of these nuns were corrupted… It was just the ones who assaulted that poor woman in the beginning and the evil one that freed the demon.

Ending: 7/10
I believe the ending wasn't good, but it wasn't bad either. Just for that, I was hoping for a hint at a possible sequel to it. The demon being sealed off for good is also a cliché theme I've seen done many times with this concept. Not to mention, the author wrote him as a weakling; as soon as the Holy Warriors appeared, that was it. The demon stood no damn chance against them. They just sprayed his ass, and that was the end of him. Demons are supposed to be powerful and much stronger than that.... These guys definitely took a shit on Bappy. But that's okay, I have a female/futa version of the demon in Shadow Hill...Perhaps in the future we'll see how strong Bappy really is in a fight!

Recommendation
Yes, I definitely recommend you read it if you
haven't already. Even if you spoiled it by looking at this review first.

                                                            10 OUT OF 10

Popular Posts