Metrinome Mini Erotic Horror IT Comic

 Metrinome Alpha is creating NSFW Adult Comics and Illustration | Patreon

Metrinome - pixiv

I have known a lot of new and old artists due to the amount of time and years I have spent representing the Erotic Art community so it's no surprise to me when I come across a newcomer with something to offer. I am proud to be reviewing and going over this recent piece of work a new artist I met who I became very good friends with over on Pixiv, he goes by the name Metrinome. When he first arrived on Pixiv he had a difficult time getting his work noticed. Every now and then he comes to me for advice and I help him using all the knowledge from which I have accumulated. Now he progresses, but his ideas tend to change a lot rather than he chooses to stick with something and invest more time into it.

With that said, there was a short story that Metrinome put together that immediately caught my attention above all else he did in the past. I don't know anything about the movie IT other than some of the few things I read about it....Quite frankly I wasn't impressed by the story of the actual movie. Metriome decided to do something with it in his own unique way for those who are familiar with the film. I knew there was potential with it even though most people will choose to rely on what's more known. And that's why I feel that Metrinome puts a lot more effort into his Gotham series which attracts more attention and viewership than his IT project did.

What Metrinome did here was a self-cest Horror Erotic story but it's not as long as we would expect something of this scale to be. For the most part, he has the storytelling down and does everything the way I expect from someone with a clear cut understanding of this particular theme/genre. But from the little detail, I received from the plot is that Jessica is being reminded of a traumatizing moment in her life that her darker self is forcing her to experience. If Metrinome was more of an in-depth storyteller he could have and should have expanded this story a lot more...At least 30 or so pages would have done it greater justice. There is no reason to hold back or allow fear of risk to keep him from taking it much further.

After going through it, I felt that there could have been a whole lot more added to it because there is certainly plenty of room for expansion and growth which is something we really need right now. Horror Erotic stories involving lesbians, in general, are rather rare these days. People are invested in newer ideas. This was certainly a new and refreshing idea. With this story, he could have explored Jessica's childhood life or take us deeper.

 4 Pages clearly isn't enough for me but I do understand if the artist didn't want to invest a whole lot of time into something not too many people would have found much interest in...Then again the delivery and direction is the way you increase interest. I believe the longer the story the more invested the audience will be. Another thing is that he could have done a lot more with this than he could with his Gotham Series.

 The reason I say that is because Horror Erotica is something that has bigger surprises than generic stories about characters from Batman's world. Viewers truly do enjoy being surprised, I know this from when I was working on my own Horror Erotic Stories and my take on Thriller Action themes as well. Metrinome already has a rather unique art style fitting for a Graphic Novel. What if he had put together at least 30-100 pages to this he could have had a solid Graphic Novel. The only thing holding this project back right now is the state of how things are...But the potential is there! 

People really love dark stories when there is risk-taking involved, and while the usual themes like sexual abuse and sexual violence are present I still recommend Metrinome to explore the Horror Erotic Theme a little more and get a greater understanding of it beyond what he has already accomplished before. He should never be afraid to take risks, people want to see more artists stand up to pressure. Content like this needs a deeper story development too. Sometimes artists might feel that story isn't that important. But if you study the number of artists who have been around producing digital comics you will notice firsthand that story development is definitely just as important and valuable. I did get to speak with Metrinome and he told me that he was preparing to add more parts to it. 





Popular Posts