Why I believe Character Profiles are important for me.

 

 
I started putting together extensive character profiles about two or three years ago because I really believed how important and valuable they were to character creation. I use to see people creating them on Deviant Art when I was active there before the sensitive spineless cum guzzling bastards banned me permanently for my content. Anyway I use to come across character profiles but they didn't look as generic as mine did..In other words rather than just having a plain black background with a character and some words..Their profiles were very creative.

 I remember asking one artist how did he make his character profile and he said "I did over 60 layering methods in Photoshop." Shocked by this, I replied "That's too much damn work just to create a character profile....I rather keep it simple vs all the fancy glittery and what not that might distract the viewer anyway." I had to come up with a way to still make these profiles unique but the solid black background worked because it not only made the written content easier for people to read it eliminated a lot of the problems associated with doing it the harder way.

Character profiles are important because they reveal a brief history and inside look of their personal life, experiences, and history. The profiles don't have to contain every single thing about the character's life..Just enough for people to get to know them. Character profile creation is one of my favorite activities so I'm always thinking up new ways to present these characters to my followers and audiences, allowing them to know that these aren't just characters intended to be thrown in explicit situations..

There is much more to them than that, and I want there to be a broader understanding. I tend to put a lot of effort into these profiles, which is why some are extensive than others. Including things like their favorite music, bands, fashion sense (if they have one), their sexuality, personality traits, likes, and dislikes..These things let you know exactly who that character is. Some people may not care much for this sort of thing but I have quite a lot of fans who do enjoy these profiles, and reading about the characters.

It's a great way to also kill time when I don't have anything else to do...I have built character profiles around a vast majority of all my characters including some of the characters I don't exactly own rights to, so if I'm using someone like Jill Valentine there is a chance I'll make one for her if she's intended to be someone of any importance to one of my projects.

 We know that Jill isn't a lesbian, when it comes down to sexuality options I usually say a character's sexuality is questionable, meaning I wasn't sure what to choose and I'll leave it up to the audience to decide based on that characters actions and behavior in whatever situation I put them in that will allow their sexuality to be challenged or questioned. But since I do mostly lesbian erotic stories, I still don't want to claim that they are all lesbian..When it comes down to character profiles I often feel like I have to do it in a serious way, and it's an opportunity for me to create a backstory on each and every valuable character I put to good use.


Character profiles also tend to be extensive and reveal a lot of detail that may or may not be part of one of the stories..This means that some contain hints and spoilers. I think that's one of the hardest things about creating character profiles is trying to avoid revealing too much story related information about the character. I still believe that regardless of that, I can always alter many segments and still surprise the viewers. 

Character profiles are useful if your interested in things like Character Theory.  I didn't start developing them until I wanted people to take my work seriously, and wanted there to be a lot more to the characters development process. The majority of artist you come across don't look into it that deep. For them they just want to create sexually explicit content and leave it at that...They don't care if you connect with their characters, or if you see them as something more than just fictional individuals created for the sole purpose of arousing you. 

There are some artist that don't really develop profiles because they aren't as thorough or detailed as the ones I make. They might give you a character name, their age, and a short description. Innocent Dick Girls was doing something like this on their website. When I get into something like this, my goal is to really make the character as interesting as possible. It gets tougher the more you have to write, so I try to lessen the written content but I have a hard time with that as well.

A lot of character profiles I've made in the past need more work done to them, but overall this is a unique and fascinating way for people to learn about the various individuals I have come to enjoy working with over the past 13 or so years...In my poser days...Character profiles weren't that important to me, so I didn't bother with them, I didn't start creating them until I got into DAZ STUDIO..The realism is what pushed me to develop importance for them.



Popular Posts