Pixiv continues to prove itself to be a useless platform for artist....

Dear user,
Thank you for using our service.
Posting links itself is not strictly prohibited.
However, if the link contains content that violates pixiv's terms of use or guidelines, such as sites where insufficiently censored or un-revised images have been uploaded, please delete them.

Please strictly abide by the Terms of Use/Guidelines when using pixiv.


Last year and the year before Pixiv went through a lot of new changes that have ruined what little fun there use to be had on the platform. First they started attacking certain artist after coming up with a new anti-fun policy known as Article 14 that targeted specific genres even though they implemented that policy to please the Western banks credit card processors...Because of this a few artist either quit or was suspended before they had the chance to remove the questionable content.

 So far Pixiv has done a piss poor job defending artist against those who impose their Western rule upon them. It's almost like they are trying to prove that they can make their own platform worse than all the pitiful Western art platforms by creating new policies on top of other irritating Western art site policies to make it difficult to get much out of the platform at all...Over time I got use to censoring genitalia but having a way for people to access your uncensored art shouldn't be a problem....Speaking of uncensored content.

You can't even link uncensored versions of your art anymore as you can see based on the response I received from Pixiv when I questioned them about this twice. Pixiv have become more militant as of lately about their policies so the platform have taken a turn for the worse.....Tumblr betrayed everyone in 2017 and the platform is still around...The fact that tumblr can survive alongside of X (Twitter) without explicit content is very telling about the future of all media platforms that currently host explicit material.

 It sends the message that these platforms really don't need us to survive as long as other people continue to rely on them and generate enough revenue and traffic to these platforms. I'm sure that Tumblr still isn't earning the same amount of money it was before. But they earn enough to still keep the lights on, which is why they have made no effort to go back to the way they use to be. They didn't entirely burn out like everyone claimed would happen.

Pixiv didn't use to even care about linked content or maybe they just didn't care before, still I decided to ask them about it just to see if linking things like my blog, social media platforms like baraag, etc were acceptable because users have the option to hide explicit material if they want. .

A lot of these platforms are trying to find more ways to control what people can and cannot do on them or even outside of them by limiting their freedom and making sure their time spent using the platform will be an unpleasant experience for the user. At some point Patreon and Discord both were actually threatening their users if they were creating content they didn't agree with even if the material was created outside of their platform. They wanted that much control over all their users by dictating what they can and can't do as long as they had a Discord or Patreon account. Just full blown tyrannical behavior beyond belief.

The fact that you have an account with them means they can still terminate you because you associate with material they hate or disagree with regardless if you are posting it on their platform or another platform....Policies like this shouldn't even be allowed because clearly it's a violation on a persons freedom of expression rights and privacy. Restricting people's access to uncensored versions of their work also makes it so they cannot attract new followers to the platform outside of Pixiv, or even sell their work if the link is added to a site that contains uncensored images.

Regardless these policies are a hindrance on the users/viewers experience and I honestly hate that I didn't leave Pixiv sooner....With over 12,000 or more followers I do not have this many people following me on any other platform. On Slushe.com I was managing to obtain a following up until they started harassing me and I removed all of my content before I left but didn't delete my account. I had around 800 followers there and still do...The fact is I've run out of platforms to post on...And I just bought a new computer for $1450 that I have to return because the case is too damn small for my graphic card....But every year it seems like someone comes up with a new way to ruin everything.

Pixiv's unacceptable behavior lately is also why I will no longer ever buy a premium ever again. Because I'm sick of these limitations at this point making everything harder for me. If people can't access my uncensored stuff, that hurts the amount of viewers I attract to follow me on other platforms I use like Picarto, RenderHub, Baraag, etc where I host my various uncensored art images including Baraag the only platform that allows all forms of art expression with no limits on fictionalize content. It's hard to believe that Pixiv is even a Japanese art platform anymore with the way they are acting.

Western platforms are usually the worse and that's what they are imitating but at least those platforms don't force you to censor the damn genitalia therefore there is no reason to even add any links to access uncensored art if a website already allows it. Even when Patreon and Discord were planning to do this, they never did. Maybe they realized it was wrong and unethical. Or maybe they forgot or just don't care enough anymore to harass people over content they don't allow on their own platform that's posted elsewhere while you still have an account with them.

Everything so far has already been reduced to garbage in our lives and current lifetime from ridiculous out of control inflation driving up the cost to everything necessary for us to survive. People are seeing a very steep decline in their investments too. All the way down to more endless wars, these invasions creating more poverty everywhere, more violent crime, and no one wanting any peace because peace isn't profitable enough. Everything has gone to a horrifying nightmare these last few years and to be honest if I may, I hate that I even lived this long to experience all of this bullshit in my lifetime. 

 I see no future for future generations to enjoy anything fun or exciting what so ever like what we use to do before it got to this point of no return. Just endless control, endless restrictions on what we are even allowed to do or say everywhere. Sometimes I wake up most mornings and the first thing I do is think of something to create. With my health being as bad as it is, if I go too long without creating or showing off my creations I start having severe thoughts of suicide...Creating keeps me grounded and my dark mind in check.

After someone had told me Pixiv got on their case about posting links to their uncensored art I started removing all my links from the platform immediately and then filed a complaint with them to figure out why do they need this policy, explaining that it hurts my ability to recruit new followers outside of Pixiv if people think that's the only platform I post on. Plus how do I get people from Pixiv to know I have a blog? I even questioned them about Twitter because many users link their Twitter profiles on Pixiv, but there is no censored content on Twitter. When you visit someone's Twitter page you have the option of clicking on the tag to see the content or not. Regardless I don't understand Pixiv's confusing as hell policies very well.

They have that article 14 policy in place but still allow 400,000 or so "prohibited" art images to remain on the platform that "violates" this new policy of theirs. I still don't understand why Japanese companies don't have their own payment processor to do business with vs relying on one from the crippling West...It doesn't even make sense.You can tell that they are scared of further backlash because they won't just do like the Western platforms would have already done..I mean do you think Hentai Foundry gives a damn that they pissed people off when they decided to back stab several artist back in 2008 and kicked them all off the platform over content they didn't approve of anymore when they got a new asshole to run the place?

Hentai Foundry still survived even without these artist...The problem with this world today is people aren't effective at boycotting. Like people criticizing something but then they go and support it anyway....It's also a lot harder for some corporations to go under and fully end up bankrupt like what happened to Kmart for making bad decisions while Walmart sort of took over and replaced them and can get away with mistreating their low income employees. A different company would probably face a fat ass class action lawsuit for the same thing.

I don't think Pixiv is able to deal with the extra hate and anger thrown at them for making constant poor decisions, but Western platforms don't give a damn about backlash. They'll ban stuff for the sole purpose of getting off on seeing everyone becoming angry in the first place. The truth is I'm done with these art platforms if something ever happens to me on Pixiv. 

If I didn't have over 12,500 or so followers on Pixiv I wouldn't even bother posting there at all anymore, but Baraag isn't the best replacement for Pixiv either since the platform is exclusive to artist only....Meaning if anyone wants to see your content they have to sign up with some other instance.Still baraag isn't the happiest or best place for a 3D artist when the people are so damn overly sensitive. The place attracts way too many Twitter rejects on there too and you know when they show up on platforms in vast numbers you won't have any freedom to speak your mind.

 My biggest concern for 2024 is survival, and I really feel that some major life altering events are going to happen. Aside from that well art sites have forgotten what it means to be exciting....This is exactly why a lot of people aren't happy or having fun anymore either, instead more people are just bitter, angry, upset, depressed, and disappointed. Websites ignore one of the most important things and that's making sure that people are having a good time using it.

 Instead they conjure up more ways to make the platform non-usable. Censorship was an issue before in the past....Except now it's at the point where you can't do anything at all without the risk of getting suspended or violation warnings. PIXIV have a ton of these new policies like they are just trying to make it extra easier to get rid of you. People accuse them all the time of trying to keep in lockstep with the West.

And now no one really uses the platform anymore besides AI artist, and a few of the original artist who still gain a lot of attention from their content when they do post something. I removed over 300 images from Pixiv over the week...Still Pixiv takes everything way too damn seriously. The negative changes have only affected some people but not everyone. That won't happen until they officially kill the one of their more profitable art genres...

Once or if they decide to do that, they'll lose over 80 percent of their users. Something I don't think they are prepared for which is why article 14 is just a smokescreen where they pick and choose artist to ban little at a time vs banning everyone or completely removing the so called "problematic" art genres like Hentai-Foundry did...Too many platforms are failing and declining. The glory days where people promoted having fun and living like it was your last day on earth everywhere are over.....




Popular Posts