Discovering Haraburashi The Skinsuit Artist




I've been dying to review or talk about Haburashi's art for ages just because it's not something we futanari lovers are getting on the weirdness level and oversized dicks is no longer weird anymore, just boring and done to death by practically everyone...I'm not trying to insult or knock the futa society here. I'm just being brutally honest. The problem with futanari is that it lacks substance, there use to be a lot of male on female artist from back in the early 2000s that produced a lot of great story driven content.

So I settled for all the Western and European art work that was created by Westerners and Europeans. Most of the serious erotic artist like Hanz, Ferocius, and Noe were putting out works of art with fascinating story lines attached to them. There were plenty of other artist who's names I can't even remember that captivated me during the early 2000s as well. I wasn't just interested in sexual material, I wanted to read too! And they knew how to write. Ferocius was especially good at it, his stories were always well written and it's a shame he retired.

During that time period before I became futanari crazy, I read a lot of regular guy on girl comics online because those were the only stories done by artist that really gave a damn. It was the same way with a lot of the "ancient" artist creating lesbian material too. Most of these artist people don't recognize but I discovered their work a lot on the web from the early 2000s.

The thing with Haburashi is that his skinsuit content is incredibly disturbing, bizarre, weird, and just crazy on all sorts of levels. The risk he took to be recognize for his ability to convince you that he is no ordinary artist, when you come to read Haburashi's content you must be prepared to expect the unexpected. That's what makes it easy for us to relate, I have my ways of producing disturbing content too.

He didn't create a whole lot of books yet from the looks of it, but so far the ones he completed look worth. If you're not bothered by the bizarre middle aged male aspect of it you will get through the books just fine. I kept getting reminded of Krumm from Ahhhh real monsters that hold both of his eyes in his hands? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voFbmrxXRKE

I don't have any personal issue with the direction the artist chose to take, it's just that it's not a genre I can get into unless the gender role was reversed and it were older women invading bodies of other women. Seems like every skinsuit theme I come across it's a man doing the body possessing of women so he himself can become her. It's a different take on the whole gender bend genre vs a guy dressing up as a girl and then you get some typical sissification shit with it. The body invasion nature of becoming a woman is certainly new to me and the idea is brilliant. So I appreciate Haburashi's effort by coming up with something that has caused me to develop an even further interest in the content.

Even though I don't like the creepy men in this, I still consider the artist at this point the master of the Skin suit theme. I've been interested in this stuff for awhile since it deals with horror to some extent but Haburashi was the first skinsuit artist I discovered. It's just that too many skin suit stories revolve around men stealing the bodies of young women and then becoming the woman himself... I've seen this pattern a lot on Pixiv.

If Haburashi did it to where it was like an older woman or just a woman in general that was going around stealing young women skins for whatever reason she might have for doing it, then hell yes that would have worked for me. For a short while it would appear to be lesbian content after the protagonist invades the body because of the body swapping that leads to the protagonist having sex with women while possessing the body of another woman. But this creepy old man that appears to be the main character switches bodies a lot so you will be seeing him quite often move around from body to body.

I love the execution with the work, and how intense the sex can often be...Again I just can't get into it because of the men invading and possessing women are the main focus.  What really gets me is how the guy keeps revealing himself while he's inside the body. So he will remove the skin and you see his scary face and out of shape body. The men in these stories have like this sexual predator basement dweller look where they are just fat slobs, middle aged, balding and has this stench about them you can smell from every page. I'm certainly complimenting the artist for being able to capture that with the direction he chose to take.

I still have to admit this artist has some of the most crazy, yet highly attention grabbing ideas I've ever seen before. And while I cannot for the life of me get off to this even if I wanted to for obvious reasons. I will say that his work is unique and interesting. I've read a lot of books and seen a lot of strange things artistically and created a lot of it myself but damn Haburashi is one of the weirdest artist I've yet had the pleasure of  discovering.

 I knew it judging from the comments, and the front page of the book what the scope of the plot would most likely be about without even reading any of it. I looked at a few pages and I wanted to talk to the artist about it in a brief interview. I recall showing the front cover of one of his books to another artist I knew, and when he saw the fat slob of a man he said "no thanks." He didn't even show a bit of curiosity in it like I did.

Most artist I talk about I tell them I wrote a blog about them to let them know and about 100% of the time I earn their respect instead of backlash. So far I haven't met one yet I talked about that had any issues with me discussing them and their content even when I mention a few negatives.

And I'm thinking well this is a different type of artist even if I don't like the male aspect of his work I still respect Haburashi for not following any dumb trends and coming up with his own thing. Having a vision that works for him even if it doesn't quite work or connect with others.There are ways that Haraburashi can improve and make his work better than what it is and it would require sacrifices based entirely on his own taste and whether or not he would like to reach a wider audience range. If he's content with the direction then he can just stay the course and roll with it. 

So far everyone I tried introducing his work to were disgusted with it because of the male and the way he looks, they would turn their nose up to it that's why it takes a special kind of person to have an interest in this sort of material without it weirding them out. I can say the same about my own artwork as well, some of the things I do isn't "normal" either. And I have had my own ideas criticized for some the things I've done. Although it doesn't bother me because I knew what to expect when I chose to create the kind of material I was creating. I've done some very crazy and disturbing things with my own content so surely I'm not judging Haraburashi for this. We're both crazy with extreme visions on an idealistic level -laughing-

There are some great futa like moments present, but in actuality it's the guy inside poking his dick outside of the girls pussy.

The ugly bastard theme has it's place among those who have a knack for such characters. A lot of these futanari artist I know aren't interested in bizarre themes in general which is why I find them kind of boring because they just like generic big dick futa stuff which is turning the genre into a joke at this point with all the hyper dick content. I have always felt that this side of futa was ruining the genre. How many serious comics can you find about futanari's while still providing you with very good explicit content?

Haburashi develops content that very few others have the heart to tackle, it's a risk and of course there are going to be people out there that don't quite understand or get the direction the artist was trying to take with it. I normally have an open mind when I approach certain things artistically. But I've come to know some genres, I too didn't understand. Some genres I don't even want to understand. Some genres I just find plain out stupid, annoying, and extremely obnoxious.

I honestly liked what I seen as far as small bits in  Haraburashi work goes. After they get inside the body then it's like regular girl on girl moments, but then the artist goes in that direction by having the slob of a man reveal himself by lifting the skin from the face. So you see the men all exposed and one of them gut sticking out of the woman's while they touch themselves...I understand the artist just wanted to be as bizarre as possible, he successfully managed to do that.

The way the women are possessed has a soul sucking method to it. I've always enjoyed themes like this but never knew an artist could create body possessing in a creative way vs the standard way of doing it like sucking out their life form. In a sense it would still classify as sexual assault because the victims are being invaded and then the man inside of them has total control over their actions where he makes them pleasure themselves afterwards. Then out of nowhere the filthy man reveals himself partially with the face lifted like a rubber mask, his face exposed with his hairy gut poking out, that freakish cartoony look on his face!

 Then just imagine one of those heavy smoker male characters from Ren & Stempy at age 45 with the deep New Yorker accent talking "Hey toots! I just took over this great new sexy body eh! heh! heh!" The artists know's his stuff and can create that you weren't ready for this! Feeling even without voice overs. You can look at the art and visualize what the characters most likely would sound like if they spoke or had any verbal dialog if any of this were animated. When I spoke to him about his work and characters he was very excitable about it. Generally I was expecting him to say a few words here and there but he actually elaborated on his content and why he went into the chosen direction he went into.

Haburashi does excellent work, sadly most of his artwork isn't colored either and is done in black and white which seems to be the standard with most doujins. I take it that coloring is too much extra work, I can relate I feel the same way about doing certain things in 3D that I feel too lazy to figure out.Some of his books did have color but I didn't look through all of them to see if they did or didn't. Or if he just did it with maybe one or two books.

But then I realized he wasn't the first artist to do the skinsuit theme either, he's just one of the few that actually makes it look more creepier than it is or suppose to be and has a refreshing new way of catching you by surprise with it. This is why people don't quite understand him and his vision the way I do even if I don't like the male characters. From one horror erotic artist to another, I still understand him and respect his vision as someone who wanted to take the risk. 

I looked into the genre moments after discovering this artists work, and nobody so far does the skin suit theme better than Haburashi. I'm sure there is an artist out there that surpassed his level of weirdness. Artist like this are so rare nowadays, and when I discovered Haburashi. I wanted to personally interview him about his work which is something I normally do if I really like the ideas of a specific artist. 

I will go to them and discuss their content with them, record it and then talk about it in my blog. The trouble however is that most Japanese artist aren't very social people. So sometimes I have a harder time getting them to even talk at all about their own artwork. And that's fine, I don't really like to talk either unless I'm on discord ranting about something. I did have a conversation with him about his work, showed him this blog. He wasn't upset if anything the guy was extremely excited that someone talked about his art in such detail.

https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/circle/profile/=/maker_id/RG55692.html/?locale=en_US

https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/75696830



Popular Posts