...Maybe I need some animation talent under my belt...


Let me be honest here, my artwork is good, it's VERY good...But sometimes I feel that it's not enough to please the masses on platforms like Baraag...On Pixiv it took me at least 5 to 6 years to amass the number of followers I have managed to obtain in so much time...Let me tell you, my journey from being kicked off Deviant Art to having to start all over again fresh on a foreign platform was nerve racking...I managed to obtain over 12,519 followers...I should have had a lot more than that but Pixiv's current policy changes have made things much worse for me...Now I'm stuck in a very hard place trying to decide what can I do to make myself more relevant on baraag while avoiding the random suspensions of Pixiv that can occur at any given moment. 

Should I lose my profile on Pixiv then I am completely screwed out of opportunities to grow anywhere else. I started wondering if I should try to learn how to animate but I don't have the energy to figure it out... I'm so overwhelmed by depression, disappointment, and I really don't have the time to spend months or a year working on animating anything. I can already see that people that animate either hate doing it, or don't like to do it as much....

So they just create all these short videos and sell their 30 second animation on patreon for what they feel it's worth and still take home a decent amount of profit....RadroachHD is one of the best ones and he makes about 11,000K a month simply making short animations that are normally a few seconds to a minute in length. Not saying he's lazy, I just think he rather makes animations quickly, sell them and get it over with then move on to the next one. I could never see myself doing that because I would feel as if my work is half finished. I put a lot of pressure on myself.

I don't want to be animating 30 seconds to minute long videos and then accepting that as "complete" it wouldn't feel very complete unless I was at least investing 5 minutes or more of my time...9 minutes would be reasonable for an animation I would consider complete enough..... I don't think I will ever learn how to animate...As soon as I get my new computer I will try to finish as many books as possible and pray they do well enough to get me through the year...I've been trying to find employment and it's like 2020 - 2023 all over again. To be fair I'm bored and miserable.



Popular Posts