Undoing the Damage on Pixiv


Today we had some bad power outages, and the power was out for a very long time. But the moment the power came back on I decided to check my messages and do the usual time wasting activities I normally do during the night. It turns out that Pixiv finally responded to my messages after I sent them at least four or five explaining a problem on their platform where several 3D artist I knew personally were wrongfully terminated. This is what their response to me was:

Dear user,
Thank you for your inquiry.

All responsibility for the works and information you post and publish on pixiv belongs to you.
We apologize for the inconvenience, but we ask that you continue to comply with the Terms of Use and Guidelines and manage the work yourself.

If we confirm any works that violate the Terms of Use and Guidelines, we may send you a message asking you to keep your work and information private, modify or delete the work from pixiv, etc.

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.

I understand that sometimes people make mistakes, but Pixiv should never trust an AI bot to do the work and responsibility of a human being...This is why I have a problem with AI taking over jobs that would be best done by actual people who are competent enough to filter out things. There aren't too many artist who would use real photographs of people and then try to pass it off as a 3D render. It just doesn't happen so often. But since Pixiv has decided to work with me on this matter, I will remove any complaints I have had about them recently...

With AI you can even tell that the AI junk isn't real, I have only seen maybe one or five images where someone was incredibly good at deep faking that it fooled me into believing it was a real photograph taken with a camera. But 98% of the deep fakes I run into are noticeable and you can tell that it's fake if you have a good eye for detail. And usually I can spot these AI generated images quite easily since they all look so damn much alike. 

Furthermore, Pixiv did send me an apology and admitted that all the work I have posted on their platform belongs to me and that they apologize for any mistakes they have made on their part. Truth is they never singled my account out because I made sure to contact them as soon as every other 3D artist I knew came to me and told me that they had lost their account. I knew that if they got them they would have gotten me eventually...

So I had to approach them to make sure this wouldn't happen and then I end up having to make a new account trying to explain anything. So perhaps now they will start looking at a lot of the art posted on their site more carefully, but I stand by what I said before. They should just ban deepfakes if they don't want to monitor all those images just to see what's real and what isn't. Or just hire someone capable of filtering it out better if they are too lazy to do it themselves. Using AI bots to do this wasn't a good idea. It honestly made them look bad. But now that I know my images are at least safe I don't have to worry about getting my images checked by a damn AI bot and then auto suspended on grounds I used real images of people when clearly I don't use real photographs of people. Everything I create is entirely through Daz Studio. But I will assume that using real images of someone on a poster isn't allowed either so I will re-frame from doing that.

I did ask Steven Carson if he wanted to be reinstated but obviously he doesn't care about Pixiv enough to come back. According to what he told me, "I'm too lazy to censor anything." So I guess he'll just sit this one out and stick with Twitter (X). Now I can continue showcasing my artwork on Pixiv worry free. And hopefully they honor their word. I can be relentless as hell when I'm trying to protect my property. I have strong communication skills, so I put them to good use. My negotiation abilities were always useful when I dealt with crises situations...A few years back I stopped a woman from ramming her vehicle through a bank glass window when the clerks inside pissed her off. She still tried to run me over though with her car instead but. I lived.



Popular Posts